WHY PRIVATE DISPUTE RESOLUTION?
Mediation is a reasonable alternative to litigation. Many times, mediation is a much faster, less expensive and less combative form of resolution. When it is virtually impossible for parties to negotiate directly with one another, an experienced third party neutral acts as a buffer between them to work toward an agreement. Judge Nugent’s unique combination of litigation and judicial experience provides a comprehensive approach to dispute resolution.
There are many reasons why using a form of private dispute resolution is often a better alternative than litigation. Some examples include:
- Avoids the extraordinary expense and emotional toll of protracted litigation
- Eliminates (mediation) or reduces (arbitration) the uncertainty of a judicial outcome
- Permits flexible and confidential terms in resolution agreement
- Enhances likelihood of an amicable resolution
- Avoids risk of adverse judicial precedent
- Ensures an expeditious process and resolution beneficial to the maintenance of a continuous business operation